2020 Lindsay Recreation Complex Pool Sessions–series of 7 Saturday practices for kayaks and canoes
Pool Sessions in Lindsay Recreation Complex.
This is a series of 7 Saturday pool sessions 4:00 pm. to 5:30 pm. on Jan 11, Feb 1, Feb 15, Mar 7, Mar 14, Mar 21, and Mar 28.
- I would suggest getting there 15 minutes early to drop off boats and change.
- They will have a hose on deck to rinse out boats before they go in the pool.
- We will have experienced paddlers helping folks learn their rolls and braces, and other strokes–this is informal rather than structured lessons. Usually folks are working on onside, offside, sweep, C to C, hand, and back deck rolls. This year we will have several kayak pool instructors volunteering their time.
- We will have access to the sauna off the pool deck but not the hot pool.
- Once you buy a spot in the series of 7 sessions, these are transferable within your immediate family but not to be given away to other persons
- Some Paddlers will split their series of sessions with another adult club member, this practice continues, but one of the two members pays the amount in full rather than the club receiving half amounts for the series.
- Over the 7 sessions, we will play some games and run a few safety practices during pool sessions, it is your choice whether you participate in these.
- Please don’t bring boats with metal rudder parts.
- WO has smaller play boats they will lend out –we will borrow several for paddlers to try.
- Everyone in the pool (swimmers and paddlers) needs to wear a helmet–we do this to prevent folks banging their heads off other boats, paddles, and off the side of the pool (let us know if you need to borrow one).
- For insurance everyone needs to be a Whitewater Ontario (WO) member, this is part of your club memberships. Talk to me if you do not think you are a member.
- Anyone bringing a child under 16 needs to accompany them in the change rooms and in the pool please.
- Each paid adult participant can bring one child as a guest at no charge, if the child is 12 years of age or younger, and the child and their guardian has signed a current under 18 waiver, and the child is a current KWP member with a student or family membership, or a WO member.
- Please include your email address in the billing address–we use this for sending updates on the pool sessions.