Kawartha Whitewater Paddlers of Ontario
Whether you’re a kayaker or open boater, our club is always looking for fresh, new faces. We are proudly affiliated with Whitewater Ontario and World Kayak.
Our club is based out of the Kawarthas, but we will routinely paddle Burleigh Falls, Gull River, Madawaska, the Highway 7 runs (Marmora area) and the Ottawa river. Our members come from as far as the Kingston area, Cobourg, Whitby, Port Perry, Barrie, Toronto, Ottawa and of course, Kawartha Lakes and Peterborough! We have a depth of experience amongst our members and every year we ensure to include events for all paddling levels so that new and advanced boaters may challenge themselves while making safety our first priority.
Check out our calendar under “Events” but here is a brief overview:
- January – March: Friday night indoor pool sessions at Trent University
- March – May: Spring paddling
- April: MACKfest! KWP’s Annual paddling festival
- May – August: Fun Run Series (starting end of June), festivals and club events
- September – November: Fall paddling and US festivals (Beaver, Gauley, Moose)